Time For Home Comfort Resolutions In 2021!
For most of us (pretty much all of us), 2020 couldn’t end fast enough. The good news is that it’s now officially in our rearview mirror – which means that it’s time to start thinking about what’s in store in the coming months.
Before we get too far ahead, it’s a good idea to make some pledges that will put the comfort and wellbeing of our families first in 2021. Here are some suggestions that will keep your bills low and your family happy and healthy in the months to come.
- Put your health first – If we learned one thing in 2020, it’s that our health is our most important priority. Keep your family breathing easier in 2021 with a new REME HALO® whole-home air purifier, expertly installed by Dixon Energy.
- Pay attention to details – Improving home energy efficiency and comfort is often as much about small adjustments as it is about big purchases. Take care of the basics – change your air filters regularly, keep your vents and baseboards clear, close exterior doors, caulk cracks around windows, install door sweeps, etc. and watch your bills drop.
- Take advantage of convenient (and FREE) services – Why take on more stress than you need to – especially these days? Sign up for fee-free E-Z Pay for more predictable oil and propane bills, or automatic delivery service to greatly reduce the risk of a fuel run-out. Or try paperless billing or Autopay and save yourself time and a stamp!
- Manage your indoor temps – Installing and using a smart thermostat is about the easiest way to save 10 percent on your heating and cooling bills. If you don’t have one already, strongly consider installing a Honeywell RedLINK Wireless thermostat – it will pay for itself the first year you own it (plus it’s cool to use!).
- Service your equipment – Probably the most important thing you can do for your home comfort is to get annual tune-ups for your major appliances every year. Routine service by an experienced HVAC professional pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for a Dixon Bros. Service Plan (we have them for your cooling system, too).
- Make sensible upgrades – Even if you take great care to maintain your equipment, there will come a time when replacing your heating system or A/C system is more sensible than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate – an upgrade will usually pay for itself in a few years in the form of lower energy bills, and will provide more reliable performance along the way.
Bid a fond (or not-so-fond) farewell to 2020 and start 2021 out right with expert service and heating and cooling equipment upgrades from Dixon Energy. Contact us today to learn about cooling and heating equipment installations in NJ!