Seven Ways To Prepare Your Home For The Fall Season
Don’t look now, but Labor Day is right around the corner! Before you know it, cool weather will arrive in New Jersey.
The question is, will you be ready for it?
Here are seven tips for preparing your home we inch our way toward autumn in the Garden State – and some ways to save a few bucks along the way.
Ready For Fall Home Checklist
- Replace batteries – Safety first! Check in on your carbon monoxide, smoke, and propane detectors.
- Caulk and weather strip windows and doors – Twenty percent of the air you pay to heat (or cool) could literally be flying out the window (or door, as the case may be). For as little as $30 worth of materials, you could save you hundreds of dollars in heating bills this fall and winter.
- Add insulation – Insulation is one of the best bang-for-the-buck investments you can make in your home from an energy efficiency standpoint. Most New Jersey homes – especially older ones – are under-insulated. Is yours? Check out this article to find out.
- Sign up for a Service Plan – Investing in a high-value Dixon Energy Service Plan that covers your routine heating system maintenance will pay off now (with lower energy bills and greater comfort) and later (with fewer repairs).
- Order fuel – Order fuel early, before cold weather demand drives up propane and heating oil prices.
- Sign up for convenient and FREE programs like EZ Pay and Automatic Delivery – Running out of heating oil isn’t fun – but you can avoid that hassle by signing up for FREE automatic delivery for your propane or heating oil from Dixon Energy. And if you want to avoid unexpectedly high monthly bills this holiday season, try our E-Z pay option, which spreads your year’s energy expenses over 11 equal payments (enrolling could also save you three cents per gallon on your fuel – contact us to learn more).
- Consider replacing your older heating system – Upgrading to a new, high-efficiency furnace or boiler could save you 30 percent or more on your monthly heating bill compared to your aging heating system. Your new equipment could pay for itself in as little as three years – in the meantime, you enjoy more comfort and more reliable heat.
Fall is coming – be prepared! Contact Dixon Energy today and get ready for this heating season with Service Plans, automatic fuel delivery in NJ, and more!